Sunday, June 5, 2011

“Conferring With An Astro”

PLEASE feel free to comment. Thank you for time. Deborah

Asked the white, clean, virgin swan
To the moving-less seasoned moon,
“am I that worthy of having such divine
heavenly flower as my follower?
“I but glide almost without notice
As though I were in pose, I stealthily
Disappear until some glimmer catches
Eye, mingling with sky, breeze, and water.”

Answered the Spotlight above her,

“I see you are but one in this pond,
Endlessly sliding invisibly, a sigh,
An enigma, an alphabet all your own,
A ballet, a composition God alone as Composer;
Have you not perceived your composite
And grace, a testimony of heaven?
I am dimmed by your wistfulness, what
Mystery God meant to give a lexigrapher!”

The streaming silver diluted at her snow
Blanch feathered body as shivering
Dew spun about her silence, a rose fallen
From a cupid’s crown, a Spring shower.
Her alienation was her coveted desire to Moon,
Stars and unseen universe, all bent
Reverently as she glossed across each ripple,
Focused on the glass of pond’s shimmer..

“Here, pulling a winter plume from her side,
“this may brush across your beautiful face
of glory,” her lilt lifted the weightless gift
In a swirl by the North until vanishing
Behind clouds and the zenith of jasmine’s whisper.


“It is the caress Divinity bestowed on me,
For I do not sing or color a garden in awe
Like the peacock or enrapture a lover’s heart.
I gather only a poet’s need to sit as a dreamer.”


Answered the midnight vesper,

“Dreams are soul’s ideals that are coined,
The hinge of believers for eternity!
A lover could not kiss or poet pen in prose
An Eden if you had not been Vision’s scripture.
“Look at your reflection, he swelled in full
Like white-hot fire down as she heaved
In wonderment, quivering with tears of memory,
“You are Woman, the nova to mankind
God gave for Earth’s joy and balm for the Future!”


No comments: