Sunday, June 5, 2011

“Bitten By Mint”

PLEASE feel free to comment. Thank you for time. Deborah

Do not come closer, look away,
Move, walk, saunter off,
I cannot follow
The light is too bright for my eyes,
It blinds,
It signs
But I will not read its messages.

Turn toward another street,
A new lane strewn in primroses,
Do not halt and look back, share your body’s
Thoroughbred gait over soft earth,
The stars will guide you to beauty’s beginning.

You mustn’t pause, the clock ticks.
You, too, must attend to bells choir
And, deny not the onyx above your head,
Time does not limp,
All whispers restful dreaming.

But, you deafen your ears,
You stand there,
By the branches of dark green,
Wind drifting across the alcove of your
Blue green light.
And I,
A simple woman, no delicate lace or
Anemones perfuming my path, but,
I must
By impulse and blood’s pulse
Run,
Without heavy haste,
Toward the unspoken,
And cool mint
Of your lips.

No comments: