Thursday, March 22, 2007

“The Unearned”

There are certain hallmarks no one earns
But arrive at one’s doorstep like a cooing baby
Unexpected…
At other occasions we labor for that gift to
Bloom
Spreading forth white plumes and gleaning
New horizons…
I do not excel in the sciences or arts,
My education maximized only by experience
Like a mother learning by mistakes…
But grace is a wondrous thing
Quiet, unseen, redeeming the presumed
Defected.
Our careless and often
Godless ‘sweat at the brow’ exertion
Corroding truer vision…
Still, it favors, rejoices, blesses the
“Crack in the dark” attempt to rise
Above mere instinct…
Should I ever lean or trust my strength to be
Samsonic, how quickly my cage would be a
Lion’s den!

So I look at the cooing child within and
Remember it is by devouring fire I am
Saved!

No comments: