Wednesday, March 21, 2007

“Tending To Love”

Marriage has slowed me down
I sit and think a little longer
My morning tends to long
Encounters
Of new meanings,
Definitions to opposites
And fresh dimensions unwandered.

My day moves in one round
Engaging my heart in hours
Of giving, preparing, sowing
Quiet desires
That root me inward,
Grounding me to purposes
And reasons I had never sauntered.

Marriage has paced my steps
I watch and pray and ponder
My ‘whys’ and ‘how’s’ in faith,
Centered,
Fixed upon loving, serving, listening
To another’s
Needs as my very own
Joining two composites
As a solitary force by God empowered.

My living twined with new depth
Gauged between two goods forever
Exaltation and godhood’s promise
To the Believer,
The keeper of covenants
And follower of righteousness
Who makes of her soul His measure.

No comments: