Friday, May 20, 2011

“THE LENGTH OF SOUL’S STRENGTH”

PLEASE feel free to comment. Thank you for time. Deborah

 April 29, 2010

How long will this lie keep living
And I keep living this lie?
How long will this pain keep coming,
And I keep coming to this familiar pain?
How long will this lost soul wander
And I wander  to this lost soul?

There is so much delusion in illusion!

How long will these fears encumber this heart
And this heart succumb to fears that cry no tears?
How long will this fruit appear sweet to the eye
And the eye desire the worm-filled fruit?
How long will I travel this lonely path to Calvary
And Calvary be my only encouraging  friend?

Cursed green-leaved tree beckoning my hunger!

How long will I look toward love’s penchant
And such penchant look away from me as a Quasimodo!
How long will I believe beauty will never tarnish,
And the heaviness of unpolished beauty have no hope?
How long will you break my soul’s incessant belief
And this deadly belief never break me completely?

As long as I know there’ll be a Spring
I’ll grapple for its blossom!

·       

No comments: