Wednesday, March 21, 2007

untitled

I like the way you strike my match
The way your hands collect me like a delicate stem,
The easiness you bring to my soul like
Morning’s promises
And the way I can lean into your present tense
Never quite compromised…

I like the senses you stir within me,
The way you mix my ingredients into a brew,
The simmering under my autumn skin like
Spring’s crocuses
And the way you remind me you are true,
Never forced or ever tied…

I like the way you forget my limitations,
The ways you cling to me like a fluttering leaf;
The faith you put in tomorrow like
Easter’s ecstasies
And the way you render me silent with belief,
Never dimming my tiny light…

I like the reasons you are in my life,
The comma’s and periods in every phrase;
The synonyms you add like
Timely O’s and X’s
And the way you finish me like praise
Upon your lips each night…

I think I’ll keep you near and nearer;
The way you fix me to Forever with a kiss,
The rough edges and every point
I understand in stages
Of this Love affair between life’s mists
And each blessed sunrise.

No comments: