Wednesday, March 21, 2007

“Facing Another Day”

“Facing Another Day”

Things seldom unfold calmly
My heart commonly needs an extra beat
To better endure the unsteadiness of life.
Turning the other cheek is full bravery,
Courage I stumble over –
My firmness is a leaf in flight.
I begin each day eloquently,
Trusting, believing my faith is strong;
The sun is light enough to guide.
Like a slow thundercloud, quietly
Rumbling under life’s secret
I hear the call, ‘be patient’ the price.
Am I to square my shoulders, unflinchingly?
Look up and live like Alma taught
And seal my lips from a whine?
Bending to the higher Will gracefully,
My tears coloring the canvas
Before my stunned and weary eyes.
Again, “Required” the word reminicingly
Echoes and I hide my face to cry,
“What more can I possibly sacrifice?”
But my answer is silence-- His mercy.
I must rely on only Him again,
My full desperate weight undivided.
A thousand questions resound gently
Like rain upon many hurts.
They sing a familiar song without guile.
My determination befriends the godly
Beneath my naturalness
And slipping into His Hand I hide.

No comments: