Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"Dreamer"

"Dreamer"


I emptied myself in your hands
In the dream you brought with
One syllable--
Your eyes dawned upon me,
I fell in your temptations net
And decibel--
Easing my soul into your dance
Opening my mind in faith's
Warm repose--
I forgot to resist my logic's piece
Objecting to all wisdom known
My eyes closed--

I undressed my solitude to yours
Unraveling my life like braids
Carefully tied--
Your fingers catching the stars
And moonbeams in each strand
I held tight--
Bracing my fear you sweetly tore
Wide open my chained up hope
With your hot kiss--
Acquitting me from painful scars
I laid myself down with no plans
To hold back bliss--

My body rose up to touch Light
As you played with my sleep
In a whisper--
Breathing was full and restful
The child in me swept in trust
By love's piper--
I drew myself up in a facile sigh
Of freedom and awing clarity
Long forgotten--
And from my window a tasteful
Of glory imagined by two
By love begotten!

No comments: