Thursday, March 29, 2007

“DID YOU EVER!”

Did you ever want something so bad it rose up
In your mouth you can just about taste it?

Loving you
was a watershed of thirsts I have never had…

then I tasted you,
slapped my knee a couple times,
held my throat a few seconds,
blew out in ecstasy,
eyes watered and
salt puddles appeared on my forehead!

Did you ever amaze yourself when something was
Better than you imagined?

Loving you
Was a verifying of Memphis…

Then I met your soul,
A Monet,
Yellowstone in autumn,
Daffodils at dawning,
Greece’s spectacular ruins and
Wings sprouting without a single effort!

Did you ever feel something was too beautiful to
Look at without crying?

Loving you
Was meeting God’s face touching mine.

Clutching a perfect bouquet of roses,
Kissing a pink baby’s foot,
Bathing in a clear stream,
Unloosing my hair and walking naked on petals.

No comments: