Wednesday, March 21, 2007

“By Candlelight and Rain”

“By Candlelight and Rain”

The soft and calling rain sings Christmas upon
My ear,
Cradling my heart to turn from with out to
Within,
Where tinsel wraps around in starlight
And silent tears,
Where hay halo’s the wet tiny head of The
Newborn King
And peace veils my anxiety in The Miracle
Who appeared….

Gently the wind hisses and seeps through my
Window,
And I nestle against the blanket of memory
Etched deep,
Carved in the wood of family, friends and all that’s
Hallow;
Like the voices of angels one midnight above
Bethlehem’s sleep
My ear listens and catches a note of my own in
Rain’s marrow…

I temple forth with fresh faith, rising like a steeple to
My new birth
While Christmas rain peals joyous tones of praise
Outside.
And, swathing myself in pine candles and cinnamon’s
mirth
I hum “Silent Night” with no mortal as witness
But God’s eyes
While all around angels harmonize in elfin raindrops
To be heard.

No comments: