Thursday, March 22, 2007

“Blessed Are Ye When Ye Are Persecuted for My Sake “

There were the needles of offense
Aimed at my zeal of soul,
I did not dodge nor renegade from
Friendless attack.

Unlike Stephen I still stand though
Beaten,
Not by stones,
Not by arrows and not by
Blasphemy, no,
My only wound and bruise
Inflicted by resisting the voices
Proposing there is no God!
My eyes flowing like a rolling river at
The violent net thrown around my
Neck to drown out
The Truth,
The Way and
The Life I follow …

I spoke out in a thunderous syllable
Then heard the silence of approbation
Pull me out from the storm
As I looked toward the visceral
Knowing Voice:
“Blessed are ye.”

* (John 14:6.) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
I have never sought deliberate occasion to impose nor disrespect another’s religious beliefs but my sister Liza attacked my faith this evening because I did not say things to her “politically correct” or general enough. I was called a “Christian bully to say the least.

No comments: